Monday, January 31, 2011

Exercise? and Chickens!

I am totally slacking on working out right now. I have got to get my crap together. If you know me, you know that I am teaching a new class this year and that my work life has been more stressful this year than ever before. Next year will not be so bad, but this year sucks for reasons not worth getting into.

I know I am not supposed to make excuses, but I am feeling so overwhelmed lately. By the time I get home, make dinner, get everything ready for the next day, get the kids to bed and clean up from dinner I am just DONE. I really need to workout in the morning. I am praying that our daughter (who is now 7 months old) will sleep through the night soon. As of right now, she comes into our bed at about 3:30am to eat, and this makes getting up to workout difficult.

I am hoping to give it a try tomorrow because my routine is falling apart at night.

I have been focusing so much on my eating habits and I am feeling good. I am noticing a positive change in my skin. I also notice that I am never bloated and I never have that gross 'full' feeling.

After reading Tosca Reno's book I have reconnected with my love of cooked oats. Today I had a bowl of oats with ground flax seed, honey, walnuts and cinnamon. So good and so filling.

I made a Frittata for dinner with the leftover peppers and onions from last nights fajitas. I added in some spinach, garlic and cumin. It really was very good.

The best idea my husband ever had (besides marrying me of course!) was getting laying hens. I thought he was crazy at first, mostly because at the time I was pregnant with our second child and I could not even dream of taking care of more living creature.

However, the pay off for chickens is huge. We have 7 hens. During the spring/ summer they lay at least one egg a day, giving us 7 or more a day. Right now we get 2-3 eggs a day. Such a great source of protein and if you have ever had fresh eggs, you'd never go back. Trust me, if you had tasted my frittata you would go out and by a hen or two of your own. but if you do, my advice is skip the rooster. We had to shoot ours (a story I won't get into).

Anyhow, my final thought for today is: More exercise, more eggs, more chickens and less roosters.

No comments:

Post a Comment