Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Biggest Loser..

I watched this last night. I haven't seen it in a long while, but when I do I find it enjoyable for many reasons.
1. It makes me want to exercise.
I find watching people exercise motivating. It must be so hard for some of those people to move their bodies, but yet they do it. I like the trainers advice. I used to train people, work at a gym and teach exercise classes and I really miss it. I hope to do it again someday. I like training my husband and setting up our workouts. Watching this brings me back into the exercise world. Plus it really makes me want to buy an arc trainer (they are SUPER expensive)

2. It reminds me that it can be easy to let yourself go.
Life is hard. I have a job, kids, bills, stress, etc., etc. and some people have it much harder then me. I think that listening to the people and their problems and insecurities makes me realize that I have to keep my health and well being as my number one priority. It can be easy to say that you live only for your children, but if you do not take the time to take care of yourself you will not be the parent you should be.

3. I find the people inspirational.
There is nothing more terrifying than the thought of getting up on national television in my underwear. These people not only do this, but they also get up on a scale. When I started this blog I knew that if I said my weight and problems out loud to an audience it would motivate me. I cannot imagine what kind of courage it takes for people that size to do it.

I don't particularly care for the competitions they have during the show, or the always annoying made-for-tv drama that is a part of every reality show. But, I do enjoy watching it for inspiration.

I also bought the Biggest Loser meal and exercise white boards for our gym room. I love writing things down and checking them off. I plan my workouts a head of time and am trying to do that with my meals as well, so I am thinking the whiteboard will be cool to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment