Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bad scale, good jeans

Well, it was weigh in day. I didn't lose a damn pound and am still at 151. I am only mildly upset about this because I did have a positive to balance out the negative.

I was able to fit back into my GAP prepregnancy jeans (size 8). Now I mention the brand, because these are not exactly skinny jean. Size 8 Gap runs a little big. However, this still make me happy. 1. because it means I have lost a few inches in my waist and thighs in the last week (I tried these same pants on last weekend and I still couldn't squeeze in them) and 2. I now have more clothes to wear. It has been a SAD 6 months for wardrobe choice. I refused to buy new clothes and was basically wearing dresses with leggings,  my one pair of fat jeans or yoga pants. I love my jeans and am glad I am starting to fit into them again.

I guess if I lost several inches, but no weight it must be a muscle building thing. I have been doing a lot of weight training during my circuit workouts, so I must be building muscle, right? I really do hate that whole "muscle weighs more than fat" crap. I want to see my results in measurable numbers. Another reason I hate that line is because I am pretty sure it gets misused. When I used to train, woman would use this line for weeks at the gym and I was usually thinking, 'umm, no it isn't that you are gaining muscle, it is that you are still eating mass amounts of crap and not doing enough cardio'

I, on the other hand, have really not been eating crap. I know my calories have been cut by about 1/4 of what I was taking in before and we are eating really clean. Not much processed crap, no take out, more fish, veggies and lean protein and less meat.

So I a hopeful that I will see number come down next week but for now I will enjoy my skinnier jeans.

P.S. I watched Eat, Pray, Love last night and I really liked it. It was a bit long, and some parts of it bugged me a bit...but it is a good thing to watch if you are in the process of self-reflection. I read the book, and in many ways I like the movie a bit better (which never happens) because it didn't seem as selfish in the movie. Now I want to go to Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment