Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trader Joes and Bj's= my boring life

Highlight of my day (other than my weigh in) was going to BJ's and Trader Joes. This is sad for several reasons:
1. It seriously is just about the most exciting thing I did this week
2. It was just me and the kids (which means no husband with me to make fun of all the gross people at BJ's who only have a membership so they can buy their cigarettes whole sale)
3. I actually enjoy this trip.

I get the same crap at BJ's every time. The biggest reason I go there is because we could buy stock in a paper towel company. If you have kids you know what I mean. If you don't, just wait until you have a 2 year old son who can't quite get his pee stream into the toilet all 10 times he goes in a day.
The other thing I always get is their organic milk. It is worth it because they have much lower prices for this and I only give the kiddos organic.

TJ's is my fave part of the trip. I love that place and always discover something new when I am there. However, Liam decided he was going to throw everything he saw in the cart, so our trip was cut short. I managed to get out with 5 of my favorite things: flaxseed oil, frozen berries, quinoa, frozen/ chopped garlic and olive oil.

Dinner tonight was;
Salmon with olive oil and garlic (cooked under broiler)
Brown rice with fresh artichoke hearts, sauteed onions and lemon peel

It was pretty damn good and healthy. I **heart** salmon.

Liam and I did a killer workout in the basement and he was pretty cooperative. It was fun and I felt pretty good about it.
The best part is when I added up my calories and exercise on my calorie tracker (myfitnesspal.com) I have 800 calories to spare. This was a fine excuse to send out the hubs to get me some frozen yogurt, which is my way of being bad without going all in.

Thank you breastfeeding for giving me an extra 400 calories of consumption a day. I a still plenty short!

No comments:

Post a Comment