Monday, January 3, 2011

Survived

Back to work, back to work..

If you are a teacher you know that the first day back after vacation involves a lot of build up and anxiety. If you are not a teacher, the best way to describe the feeling is how you felt on the last day of summer vacation. Once I walk back into the school everything is fine, but getting ready that night before makes me stressed and sick to my stomach. But I survived.

I am happy to report that I did a full exercise routine yesterday and tonight. I have fallen back in love with circuit training. I will give you tonight's routine to give you an idea. I am a firm believer that this is one of the most effective ways to get in shape.

Tonight's routine:
15 minute warm up at medium intensity on elliptical

Then down to the basement to do 2 minute circuits with 30 minute rest in between:
1. Jumping jacks
2. abs on large ball
3. front kicks (squatting between legs)
4. jump rope
5. lunges with 10 lb weights
6. plyometric jumps over ropes on floor
7. planks
8. shadow boxing (lightly hitting bag w/ no gloves)

I LOVE working out this way, mostly because it moves fast and is intense. I do not have a lot of time to work out, so this targets a lot of body parts and burns a lot of calories. My husband has a timers where you can set a bell to go after after each round and after each 3o second rest.

I am not going to weigh myself again until Saturday. I do not want to be a slave to the scale and I do not want to be discouraged. I hope I can do this every night. I am determined to keep my fat butt moving.

The hard part about this is finding the time. So here is what my day looked like to fit this in:

Up at 6am (Liam was up at 6:15, Charlotte got up with me)
Get ready for work/ pump/ drink smoothie/ feed Charlotte and Liam ...Mike gets home from the gym at this time, he makes the smoothie.

Leave for work at 7:15 and arrive by 7:20

Work until 3:15 (Tues and Wed will be hard because I am there until 4:10)

Home by 3:30. Clean up, play with kids.

Cooking by 4:15, eat, clean up, get bag and lunch ready for tomorrow

Workout started at 5:15 and ended at 6pm (Mike sat with Charlotte and Liam came down to the basement with me and jumped on his trampoline, played ball and punched his punching bag)

6pm: I give Charlotte a bath while Mike gives Liam a bath. I get Charlotte down as Mike finished up with Liam.

6:30pm I relieve Mike from reading to Liam and take over. He is usually asleep by 7:15.

7:30-9:30 Internet, snack, phone calls and grading of papers.

10pm: sleeping

Why do I tell you all this? Because if I can do it, so can you! I squeeze in a million things and I am trying so hard to fit exercise into the squeeze. I am dedicated to keeping it that way. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment