Monday, January 17, 2011

Bouncy Castles your way to health

So, as previously mentioned, Mike and I have a goal to raise our children with healthy habits. One thing I have focused on lately is making sure Liam gets good exercise everyday. In the summer this would be no issue because we are outside every day and we swim, hike, etc. but it has been tough this winter.

Charlotte is so little and it is hard to get outside with both kids. I have had to be creative. We bought him an indoor trampoline. So when we are working out in the basement he usually runs around or hops on his trampoline. We have a lot of indoor dance parties.

Yesterday I think the kid got more exercise than he has ever had in his entire life. We went to a place called "Pump and Jump." It is at the mall in Kingston. It is a department store space that they took everything out of and just have about 15 different blow up castles, mazes, slides, etc. We were there for 4 hours. He was afraid of some of the things, but I found some older kids to help him out...and before I knew it my 2 years old was defying gravity down a 25 foot blow up slide. The look on his face was priceless. I swear to you he climbed up the thing at least 50 times, which looked exhausting! I seriously can't imagine a child getting anymore exercise than he did.

I kept thinking "I need to get him home." But then I realized, why? He was having fun and I didn't really have anywhere I needed to be. I am considering taking him back today. Sooooo much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment