Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ta, Ta, Ta Tuesday

In honor of The Biggest Loser I had a date with Jillian Michaels' shred work out tonight. It is a good quicky workout when you don't have much time. I love the show, but I am not digging the new trainers this season....they annoy me. This is pretty much the only show I watch every week because it is inspiring in my healthy eating efforts.

A blog reader emailed me about what a typical day of 'clean' eating looks like for me. I thought I would share what I emailed about today's food (which is a pretty typical work day menu).

Breakfast: Protein/ Fruit Smoothie. I have the recipe here  500ml water and coffee*

10am snack; Handful of almonds and a organic light cheese stick 500 ml water

12:30am: Orange, 2 hard boiled eggs, 500 ml of water

2:45 protein shake (natural protein and water)

4:40pm green tea and 500 ml water

5pm 4oz salmon (cooked under broiler) on salad with 1/2 tomato, 1 carrot, 1/4 yellow pepper and 1/4 cup feta cheese, 500ml water

7:30pm 2 pieces of 100% whole wheat toast with natural sunflower nut butter and 500ml water

* my one "non-clean" treat was flavored half and half in my coffee. I still haven't found a natural sweetner that I can deal with. I am working on this. So far I have tried orgaic honey and stevia and neither is doing it for me.

See, eating clean isn't too hard. You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment