Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pity Party Express

Well I am officially hosting a pity party for myself. My husband is still sick and now the baby has a fever and is miserable. I was up all night and it doesn't seem like there is an end in sight. I feel the worst for my son, who is fine but just so bored. We were supposed to go see some of my girlfriends today and go to a birthday party. I was so excited about the trip and now I am in a state of depression because we can't go. BOOOOOOHOOOOOOO.

Okay, pity party over.

I will say that I forgot to weigh myself this morning and I am thinking I will hold off, I don't need anything else that may piss me off. I guess the one positive of having to stay home is that I wont be tempted by all the food that comes with going to a party. I did cheat and get a dunks iced coffee with splenda this morning. I needed some kind of pick me up after I dragged my butt through Walgreens getting medicine and thermometers and such. I have stopped using artificial sweeteners in my coffee in the morning and using a little bit of honey instead (I just can't drink it black), but if I am getting Dunks it needs to be sweet.

For breakfast I made Spinach and Pepper Egg Wraps with cheese. It was good and I have been really working hard at not throwing away food, so this was a good way to use up veggies.
On the exercise front I did okay this week considering I was working double duty with the kids all week since Mike is sick. I had 3 workout in 5 days, 2 of which were 20 minutes on the elliptical and the 20 minute shred workout with Jillian Michaels (which is a lot of arms and cardio) and then 25 minutes on the elliptical another day and I just did some abs afterward. This was in no way the best workouts, but it was something.

I am planning to make 'clean' burritos tonight is anyone is healthy enough to eat.

This consists of:
brown rice (Trader Joes Organic, it's the BEST)
avocado
lettuce
Tomato
Plain Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
Part skim cheddar cheese
Black bean
and think strips of chicken in steam which I cook under the broiler with a little bit of sea salt, garlic and pepper
I am putting them on Ole's low carb wheat wraps (which have a great fiber count and are low cal)

Maybe my burritos will cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment