One of my favorite blogs is by Lindsay from The Lean Greenbean
She has a great balance between fitness and food and I have tried many of her recipes.
So I decided that I really wanted to participate in her foodie penpal event this month.
If you do not feel like clicking to learn more, the general idea is you get assigned a person to send a food package to and someone else is assigned to send one to you.
I sent a package to a sweet young woman named Maggie, who is a college athlete. She was kind enough to write about the package she recieved. I am going to post that after my own post.
The package I recieved was from a fellow blogger named Emily from More than Just Dessert.
I was overjoyed when I saw all of the yummy stuff she included. Se was so thoughtful and she even researched my blog to try and find ideas on things I might like.
Here's the stash
Trader Joes Tricolored quinoa: We eat a good amount of quinoa, but I had yet to try the tricolored, so I am super excited to give it a shot.
She also sent some other yummy Trader Joes sweet treats like yogurt colored almonds, chocolate covered cranberries, banana chips, fruit leathers and almond butter. These are all so good and the kids and I were so psyched to take some of them on our road trip to Vermont. Thank goodness I passed my glucose test the day I got the box so I could sample the goodies myself. The almonds were so good that both my husband and I could not stop eating them.
My FAVE thing of all was this baby right here......
Emily had noticed that I like to make my own pizza and she was so sweet to send me her favorite pizza spice. Let's just say I LOVE my pizza and this spice is really good.
So all and all I had a great penpal experience. The hardest part was deciding what I could send to Maggie. It is really hard to pick things that are good and that might be new to the person recieving it. I would like to do it again, but I might wait until the baby is born because I don't want to end up not being able to get a package to someone as I get closer to my due date.You do not need to be a blogger to participate (Maggie does not have a blog) so check it out!
Here is Maggie's post about the package she recieved from me.
Hi I am Maggie. This was my first time participating in the Foodie Penpal and let’s just say I am hooked now. It was like Caroline knew exactly what I liked or have always thought of trying but never have. Check out all the goodies I received:
I received the following:
1) Back to Nature Chocolate Delight Granola. This is my absolute favorite brand of granola to buy and I love this flavor.
2) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar. I have never tried this flavor because I wasn’t sure how it would taste since I love my cookie dough. After trying it, I fell in love. It is pretty high up there on my list of favorite Larabar’s now.
3) Trader Joe’s Sweet, Savory, & Tart Trial Mix Granola Bars. These were so good and make for the perfect morning or afternoon snack to hold you over. I love eating a granola bar right before I work out and these bars were the perfect size for a pre-workout snack
4) Mestemacher Three Grain Bread. I have yet to try this yet, but I am very anxious too. I love my carbs and love trying new breads out.
5) Trader Joe’s Orange Flavored Cranberries. I had never tried these before until I got them in the package. I have had blueberry and cherry flavored cranberries, but let me tell you, the orange flavored cranberries make an awesome addition to oatmeal or vanilla ice cream.
6) Extra Dessert Delights Strawberry Shortcake gum and Sweetriot Dark Chocolate. Let me just say the gum is a perfect lifesaver if you are craving something sweet, but don’t really have anything at your fingertips. As for the chocolate, this was a very brand of dark chocolate and can definitely see myself buying some more of it in the future.
7) Trader Joe’s Jasmine Pearls Tea. I haven’t gotten a chance to try this yet, but it sounds like it would be a great flavor.
8) Clean Eating Magazine. I am a sucker for food magazines and was so excited when I saw this in the package. I love finding new recipes to try!
I would just like to thank Caroline again for the awesome package and if you haven’t signed up yet for the March Foodie penpal, you should definitely consider it. It was a fun experience and one I will be participating in again!