Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentines Day Love Story Link up

I stumbled across this link up in the blog world at a blog I like to check in on found here. I love a little romance in my life and I am lucky to have a romantic for a husband, who is good at making me feel special everyday.

I had so much fun reading the love stories of other bloggers that I figured I could answer the questions myself in honor of Valentines Day.


 
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Just about 7 years
 
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
I was young, single and living with girlfriends in the city. I had basically sworn off men after getting annoyed by the singles scene in Boston. I went to an all day beerfest in Boston and as the event was ending one of my most gutsy girlfriends started hitting on this guy who she thought was cute. His friend would turn out to be the love of my life. We started out as the "wingmen" and ended up hanging out all night. We went on our first real date the next week and were never really apart after that. There was no doubt that he was the one from the start.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? 
We are coming up on 5 years this summer. 
 
 
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
We were married in the town we now live in, which is a beach town on Cape Cod. It was July, sunny, beautiful and 70's. The ceremony was at a small Catholic Chapel on the Harbor
 
The reception was across the Harbor at a place called the Flying Bridge. It was sooo much fun.
 
 
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Just the basics. Usually hun or babe...nothing crazy. Since the kids it is mama and daddy a lot.
 
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Hmm, that's tough to narrow down. I would say his old school, gentlemen manners. He is the old school romantic. I also love that is is a guys guy..athletic, handy, he can build houses, knows about farm animals and is very physically fit and strong.
And lastly he is the best daddy. It takes a certain kind of man to take his daughter to music class and dance with the rest of the moms and to still be a real man while doing it. He is patient and kind to his children and he doesn't do anything without them in mind.
 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
He proposed after only 6 months of dating. It was Thanksgiving night. I had just driven to his apartment and he kept pressing that he wanted to dance with me. Our song came on the radio and soon after another one of our favorite songs had come on. It turns out he had requested them to come on at a certain time. When the second song ended he was down on one knee. It was intimate and beautiful and I was is shock...I mean who proposes after just 6 months!?
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He's more of a love note, flowers, and good dinner kind of guy (we don't drink). He is good at massages too, so I am sure that will be involved.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Movie and couch and good food. I love the beach very much...but we have two kids and another on the way...we have a lot of couch time.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to go back to Belize, where we had our honeymoon...but the long term thing I am hoping to do is to take the kids on a major cross country camping/ driving trip. We are pretty adventurous and love to explore. If we can survive a 5 day RV trip with my whole family together, we could do it on our own.
 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Hmm it is a Tuesday night, I work all day and we have two kids and I am pregnant...so probably make a good dinner, get the kids to bed and sleep...maybe a massage can be squeezed in somewhere.
 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I have everything I need. I seriously want and need nothing..I just like spending time together.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
You have to like each other as much as you love each other. We are best friends and always put each other first. I also think going to bed together at the same time has been huge for us.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment