Saturday, March 3, 2012

Randomness: food, fitness, complaints and life

We have to buy a "new" car. I hate everything about cars and could careless what I drive as long as it safely gets me from point A to point B, doesn't cost too much and fits all of the kids and crap. I am dreading going and doing all the stupid game playing that comes with buying a car.

I feel better this week. I mean I am 30+ weeks pregnant and so it isn't like a dream or anything...but my hips feel better and I have made it to the gym 3 times, as well as swimming and doing exercise tapes with the hubs. I had a bad week last week and feel like I am in a much better place this week.

I have 9.5 weeks left of pregnancy `and I weigh 161 lbs. I am fine with this and I just hope to keep my weigh gain in check and be as healthy/ in shape as I can as I reach due date day. I weighed 178, 2 days before I had my first, but I feel like I ate a lot and totally stopped exercising in my last trimester....I just don't see that happening this time.

I am anxiously waiting to hear from the accountant as to what our tax returns are looking like. I am PRAYING that we get something back. I can never quite figure this out on my own.

I plan on having certain goals post pregnancy. My first goal will be to weigh 145 or less by the time Summer is over. If/ when I reach this goal I plan to reward myself with a Garmin. I plan on making fitness a major part of my life and will need to keep it fun and interesting.

My husband is in such good shape right now. He looks amazing and really has changed so much for the better in the last few years. I am so proud of him, but I am not going to lie..there is something that kind of bothers me bout me getting bigger and he gets more toned and weighs less. In fact it is possible that he and I might weigh the same in the next few weeks. I know it is for good reason, but it sort of makes me self-conscious.

I took my son on a date last night. We went out for ice cream and then to my school's talent show. I really believe in finding time to spend one on one time with each child. It will be a challenge with 3, but I know it is important. He kept telling EVERYONE that we were on a date. I love him.

Speaking of my son. My first "baby" will be 4 at the end of the month. Liam Michael was born at 3:44a.m. on March 30, 2008. I am having a hard time accepting that he will be 4 and no longer a toddler. Watching them grow up is priceless and painful all at the same time.

My poor dog is so neglected lately. We have a 2.5 year old black lab named Cowboy. he is the sweetest dog ever and I feel bad that he rarely gets attention. He is 6th tier just in front of the cats and the chickens. I can't wait for Spring where it is easier to take him on long walks.

Speaking of pets, another one of our chickens was murdered last night. Probably a coyote, or maybe a hawk. We are down to 4 and we need to figure out a more secure area before we gets our chicks this year.

And to end on a positive note, I am making avocado egg rolls tonight. This is inspired by a recipe I tried from Linsday at the Lean Green Bean, which you can find here. Her recipe is fabulous as is..but tonight I am going to try a few modifications. I am drooling just thinking about it and will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about your son getting older and older. I feel like every year they age, it just gets faster and faster :(

    ReplyDelete