Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gym update

So it has only been 2 days..so giving a full report is probably silly...but this blog is the only thing I am accountable to in terms of working out, so I feel a report is in order.

Day one at the gym was fabulous. It is much easier to get up when it is not the dead of winter. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the stair stepper (I love to do this at a high level to get a good, intense sweat inducer. The stair stepper may sound a little 1980's..but it is one of the hardest cardio machines and is great for the rear). I then went on to core work and lunges and squats in various circuits for 30 minutes. It was really nice to have access to all of the equipment I always loved to use. I especially love the roman chair (my abs are killing me today), the Reebok balance board for squats and my all time faves for circuit training..kettle balls in all shapes and sizes.

This morning was my husband's morning to go to the gym, but I knew I still needed to get up and exercise so I made it through 30 minutes on our elliptical . We have a freakishly hard eelliptical.. For some reason if you use the random hill climb setting it is INTENSE (in a good way). I was pretty proud of myself on this one because my daughter woke up right before I was about to start.Ii had to feed her and rock her back to sleep and was glad I still squeezed in something.

Tomorrow is my morning..wohoo. I am so excited to get to go again. Getting 60 minutes of your own time is really a huge deal when you have two kids and a full time job.

The best part is I have 18 months already paid for and can rest assured I will be able to go for at least this long. Now when I was 22 years old this might not have guaranteed that I would stick with the gym...but now this over worked mom would NEVER give up already paid for time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment