Thursday, March 31, 2011

Clean Eats

It's been a while since I talked food...I haven't made too many new things. But tonight's dish was fab.

I think I'll call it Italian Scallops.

I warn you. I don't actually measure out anything unless I am baking. So my measurements are always a guesstimate.

What you need:
2 plum tomatoes, diced
6 ounces spinach, chopped
4-5 leaves of fresh oregano
2 gloves minced garlic
1/4 cup shaved parmesan or asiago
10-12 large scallops
olive oil
pasta of choice (I used left over soba noodle and it was YUMMY)

Heat about two full swirls of olive oil on med/high heat
add garlic and oregano
add scallops and brown one side
Flip scallops and add tomatoes and spinach on top
Continue to stir until scallops are almost done. (3-5 minutes)
Add a few sprinkles of cheese and stir until cheese blends
Divide pasta and top pasta with remaining cheese.
Divide scallops and sauce onto pasta to serve.

YUUUUUMMMY. I cannot even believe I ever ate sauce from a jar. GROSS!!!!!

P.S. Trader Joes sells a great fresh parmesan, romano, asiago shaved blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment