Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summer Tiiiime

I am looonging for summer time! I know most people are. I think it is UnAmerican not to like summer. The infatuation begins in school when we start counting down to summer on the first day of school.

When you are a teacher you are stuck in a permanent state of counting down.

This summer I am looking forward to not being pregnant, or nursing, or fat from just having a baby. Last summer I had my daughter on June 23 and needless to say I was less than thrilled to be in a bathing suit that summer.

I am also looking forward to bringing the kids to the beach every day. They will both be able to play. Bringing a newborn to the beach is just not fun...but a three year old and one year old will enjoy it. Going to the beach is good for me too. When you go to the beach with toddlers you are not sitting AT ALL...ever. This means exercise and fresh air...a very healthy combo.

I am looking forward to food on the grill, especially fresh fish and vegetables from our garden. I am actually looking forward to planting in the next few weeks and caring for the garden. Last year I was so huge by then I wasn't that into it.

I am looking forward to long walks and hikes, lots of iced coffees, ice cream cones (well, frozen yogurt for me), and watching my kids play in the kiddy pool and of course our two week vacation out to one of my favorite places on earth, Montana.

But most of all I am looking forward to my short two month stint as a stay at home mom. I love my job, but I love my kids more. Plus, who doesn't love two months off during the summer.?!

June 21 cannot come soon enough. If you teach you know that no human being could continue working with children for long if not for summer break...a person would lose their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment