Friday, May 13, 2011

Random Health Related Thoughts

 I am pretty excited about my new running shoes. They are so comfy and I really needed them. I am not all that thrilled that having kids made my feet grow 1.5 sizes. Seriously, like it isn't bad enough that being prego makes everything else on your body grow...but your feet, really? It's true. My running shoes pre-kid were size 8. Now I have 9.5's

I am weighing about 132 lbs the last 2 weeks. When I started this blog I think I was 153. 21 lbs, not bad.

I am worried about gaining weight back when I stop nursing. I gained 10 lbs within 3 months of stopping with my son. It burns extra calories. I know I will need to cut back on the eating if I want to keep at this weight. My habits are much better this time around.

I think I have stopped drinking alcohol. I haven't had a drink since New Years (which was about a quarter glass of wine) and before that I think it was at a friends wedding in July. It is sort of strange, because I drank a lot in college and my early 20's and my husband and I drank pretty frequently before kids. But I also know it is why I was 10 lbs heavier. Soemtimes I am not sure if I can function socially without a drink, but I just don't have a taste for it anymore. It is a little socially isolating not to drink, so much revolves around alcohol with people my age. But my husband doesn't drink anymore, and I think it is only right for me to support him in this by not drinking as well. I guess I got my fill from age 17-24.

I eat clean a lot, but there are some things I am struggling with and am not sure I can give up. One is sweetner in my coffee. Two is frozen yogurt (in fact I had a peanut butter cup frozen yogurt tonight..yum) and three, chips and salsa. I guess it could be worse.

When we are out and about and I have to get "fast food" I always get the same thing. Subway chicken breast sub on honey oat bread with provolone, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, and banana peppers with sweet onion sauce (which is also not 'clean'). I figure this is about as good as it gets as far as take out goes.

Since I started my clean eating adventure I now hate to feel overly full. I think about our old habits and it makes me cringe. We used to use Friday as an excuse to celebrate..and sometimes Saturday and Sunday too. This usually meant way too much pizza or Chinese, or whatever. That makes my skin crawl thinking of it.

I can lift more weight at the gym then I ever could. However, I am still weak. Especially my arms. I am thinking of buying New Rules of Lifting for Women. It is a program that gets great reviews. I hate lifting in front of all the guys at the gym. I wish my gym was just for women.

1 comment:

  1. wow 132~ good for you. I think that when I was 135 I was in a size 2! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete