Sunday, December 26, 2010

Once upon a size 6

I have been thin forever. I was too skinny in high school. The bean stalk type. Of course I didn't appreciate my high metabolism at the time. In college and in my early 20's I worked at a gym and was pretty good about staying in shape. I could just about eat and drink whatever I wanted as long as I hit the gym.

Even after I had my first baby, things were not so bad. I gained 30 lbs and lost most of it right after. By 6 months I was back to my prebaby size and when Liam turned a year old, I was 7 lbs less than I was before I got pregnant (thank you breastfeeding!)

Breastfeeding does help. Some woman think it's weird to have a baby hanging from their boob for a year, but they might reconsider if they knew what it might do for the postbaby weight loss. With Liam it was like I couldn't eat enough. But then again, he was a moose and ate ALL the time.

The breastfeeding trick isn't enough this time. I am thinking part of the trouble is that I didn't have to go back to work for 5 months with Liam. This time around I was back to work at 2 months; which has meant less time to go for those long walks, less time for recovery and less time to get back on track with a sleep schedule.

I know what you are thinking....I thought she said she was done with excuses. Yup, this is a bit of an excuse, or a complaint that this time the weight is not just falling off. Poor me! Now I need to cut back calories and start moving if I want what I once had.

I would love to be a size 6 again, but I would settle for a body that is not hideous in a tankini.

No comments:

Post a Comment