Friday, December 31, 2010

NYE!!!

It's New Years Eve time. It will be a hard night to be good. I am trying to just let it go for tonight and only worry about portion control. We are having another couple over who have kids and we are just hanging out. I am not a big fan of going out on NYE. For one, the nutzo drivers on the road freak me out. And for two, where would we go with 2 kids?

I am cooking the following:
Spinach and artichoke dip in the crockpot
Pork meatballs in tomato sauce (made from the pigs we slaughtered this year), served w. rolls and provolone cheese
Stuffed crab and cream cheese mushrooms topped with cheese and bacon
Mini-Sweet Potato Pies with glazed walnuts
A cheese plate with gourmet cheeses
Potstickers

Still not sure about a dessert. So as you can see, being good is pretty much out. I figure I need to just let it go and have a good workout. The other somewhat good thing is I don't really drink much now that I nurse.

At the most I will have 2 glasses of wine. The old pre-mama me would take down AT LEAST 2 bottles of wine on a typical weekend night, never mind on NYE. So I figure I am at least saving some calories this way.

Now let's talk resolution:

I sort of hate new year's resolutions, but we have one as a family..so it is more likely that I will stick to it.

This year's resolution is NO take out food or drinks. This isn't too hard for us, except for the occasional pizzas and dunkin donuts. Thank goodness we got the Kuerig machine..this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment