Friday, November 11, 2011

2nd trimester, coffee and feeling good

I am up and at 'um this morning. It is 6 am here and I have returned from the gym and am feeling good.
I had a mini-battle with myself this morning because I have today off from work and really considered staying in bed. However, I wasn't really even tired and I new I would feel better if I got there...so off I went.

I went 4 days this week. Two of which I did weight training and two of which I did cardio and stretching. I am in the 2nd trimester now (or at least I think, they keep changing my due date) and I am feeling good.

I have had a few fabulous blog friends had their little babies this week and another who is about to pop (or maybe she already has) and so I am going to start looking for some other fit pregnant mamas to follow because I need some inspiration. I am also happy to follow the journey of the new mamas as they get back into shape. Madeline at Food, Fitness and Family is rocking it at the gym just one month post-partum and I find her amazing.

I am psyched for a 3 days weekend, even though our car is in the shop and I have no way to get anywhere for the next few days. I think we are going to buy a "new" (used) car soon, which I hate going through...but will probably be necessary with 3 babies.

I wanted to share my faux frappacino recipe. I have had some serious migraine issues the first part of this pregnancy, as a result I started adding in some caffeine a few weeks ago to help keep the headaches away. The problem was, the thought of coffee made me want to die. I LOVE coffee when I am not pregnant, but my pregnant self has a huge aversion. The only thing I could think of that appealed to me was frappacinos from Starbucks. That, however, is neither waist, nor wallet friendly. Plus I needed to have the coffee early in the morning and I wanted to find a way to get a small meal in before the gym. So here was my solution.

The night before I made one small, strong cup of coffee (I have a Kuerig and just make the 6oz cup) and I place it in the fridge over night.
In the a.m. I add the coffee in the blender, along with the following:
1 splash skim milk
1/2 banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 a large cup of ice (I use the chopped ice from my fridge ice machine)

Blend and enjoy. It is especially good with coconut coffee and it gives me some calories for the gym.

This is pretty much my daily breakfast and when I get home from the gym I eat a sprouted grain English muffin (Ezeikiel Brand) with natural peanut butter and the second half of the banana or other sliced fruit on top. It has kept me fueled and feeling good for the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment