Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thunder Thighs

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I gain all my weight in my lower half. My butt and thighs are in no way in proportion with my arms and stomach. When I bought my bathing suits I would have to go to a place that sold pieces separately so I could buy a small top and a large bottom.

The good part of this is that I have always had a pretty flat stomach and thin arms. The bad part of this is probably obvious. I once had a 6th grade boy say "Damn Ms., you have a ba-donca-donc (I have no clue how to spell that, but is is slang for big ole' booty). Of course to this young man, it was a compliment, but in every day life...not so much.

I like having some curves...but thunder thighs that touch are not fun. If I gained 10 lbs next week, 9.5 of it would go directly to my upper legs.

As I took my shower this morning I spotted a bottle of baby powder behind my makeup and something miraculous occured to me. This is the first summer in 5 years that I have not felt the need to baby powder up my thighs to prevent the discomfort of having two fat legs rubbing together.

This fact alone will insure that I continue to hit the gym every day. I would really prefer not to go back to big ole' sloppy thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment