Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Relapses, illness and good books

I will start with the positive. I just finished a really good book, The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

I had this one for a while and didn't think I would like it based on the description, but it was sooo good.
Check it out here

Book description
"Every gift has a price . . . every piece of lace has a secret.
Towner Whitney, the self-confessed unreliable narrator, hails from a family of Salem women who can read the future in the patterns in lace, and who have guarded a history of secrets going back generations. Now the disappearance of two women is bringing Towner back home to Salem—and is bringing to light the shocking truth about the death of her twin sister."

On a negative note I have just recovered from another bought of stomach bug or food poisoning. It is so weird. I haven't had a stomach bug in years and in the past 2 months I have had it 3 times! I keep wondering if I am poisoning myself with something. It is awful and it throws off our schedule of life. I am falling so far behind in housework and we have no groceries.

We went on a family trip a few days ago to a really cool farm/ inn. The place is really all about kids. There are tons of activities (cow milking, smore making, arts and crafts, etc.) and lots of animals to visit with and feed. We stayed for 2 nights. You pay a flat rate and get all of your meals included. This is where the relapse comes in....

They had huge amounts of all of the things I try to avoid. Especially homemade baked goods at every meal. AND they served dessert at every meal. It was sooo good, but soooo bad. As I have mentioned before I will not give up eating that is an experience, and this was a true experience. So I say it was worth it. But now I must get my act together and get some clean, healthy good in the house...bewteen the trip and my illness..we are falling behind and need to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment