Sunday, January 29, 2012

Peaceful, perfect, simple kind of day

Have you ever had one of those REALLY good days? The kind where you have no regret about how you spent your time, who you spent it with and how you felt during it?

That was yesterday for me. From start to finish, it was the best day I have had in  long time.

It started out with waking up to whole-wheat chocolate chip and banana pancakes with real maple syrup and strawberries, made by my husband....who had also fed the kiddos and cleaned up all before I woke up.

You know it's going to be a good day when you wake up to breakfast that you didn't cook.

Then I took a bath and got ready without any kiddos in my bathroom.

We lazed around for a while, chatted about baby girl names (something that can be hard to get the man to focus on) and got ready to go to our free exercise play group for the kids.

The hubby had promised to go with us when we signed up for it and was planning to go to work afterwards.

We had a blast running, jumping and playing on obstacle courses with the kids I wish I took pictures, but it was total chaos.

After class Mike decided that he was going to take the rest of the day off and just work Sunday..now that was great news.

We decided to head to Target to use our gift cards and pick up some stuff we need. So off we went as a family where we laughed and chatted in the car. Target was fine, we got some health food staples, new water bottles and ingredients for dinner and headed home. Amazingly enough I only spent what was on the gift card..that NEVER happens at Target.

Once home we made lunch and I was thrilled to remember the pizza leftovers from the night before..SOOO GOOD!

The kids watched a bit of TV while Mike and I finally started to agree on baby names and even narrowed it down to two that we love. I was so happy to actually be able to talk about it and I got him away from the name the whole family loved, but I just couldn't really accept. I really didn't want to settle on an okay name.

Then we decided we needed some fresh air. It was a decent day and the snow had melted, so we headed over to the conservation land near our house with the dog and kiddos and went on an hour long hike. It was really nice and it gave us an opportunity to talk about our future and past and just have a really great conversation.

Once home, I made some fish tacos..a recipe we love but I haven't made in a while. The kids were so tired that after baths they were both sound asleep before 7 (now who doesn't LOVE when that happens).

Mike and I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain (I love that guy), had a snack and headed to bed.

Mike spent about an hour massaging my horribly crampy, pregnant legs with coconut oil and let me tell you this was HEAVENLY. Plus it gave us even more time to talk and just enjoy each other.

I went to sleep last night thinking that life has slowed down and that I love it just the way it is. I am happy to move on to a new phase where I focus on the here and now. We have (or just about have) the children we plan to have, we have our house, we have each other... we can focus on what is right in front of us.

I spent my whole life planning for the next step, the next baby, the next move, the next job. Now I have what I want and what I really need and I am making it my life long goal to enjoy each day and spend as much quality time with my family as possible.

Sometimes you just really need a good day to remind you of all that you have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment