Saturday, January 14, 2012

What the heck?!

The very last thought I had before I hit the sheets last night was......ahhhh, I am going to bed nice and early and I am not going to go to the gym and can sleep until 6:30, oh it will be so great to be well-rested.

Why the heck did I have to jinx myself like that?! I should know better by now.

Since I have been up I have made breakfast, changed a diaper, made a smoothie, cleaned up and now it is:

Yeah, that's the time NOW. It was 4:15 when my lovely daughter decided she would scream poop from her crib until I got her and my son woke up during the commotion and refused to go back to sleep.

**Sigh**

So I am trying not to mourn the loss of my extra 2 hours of sleep and am resigned to the fact that I must start my day. So I am drinking this bad boy

and hoping the kiddos go easy on me.

On the up side, my mama is coming to babysit for us today so we can travel up to a friend's house for her 30th birthday party. I am super excited, but don't know how long I will last with this sleep deprivation and my aversion to sitting in one seat for too long (my sciatica is killing me lately).

I had a doctors appointment this week. I swear, I have spent half of the last 4 year waiting in the OB's office. This time I waited forever and saw the doctor for 5 minutes...annoying, but everything seems fine. They gave me the nasty glucose drink for the next appointment.

I am 23 weeks pregnant and seem to be holding up okay. I feel like I have gained a ton of weight. I am 156 lbs (started at 138), but that seems to be slowing down a bit.

I am not going to be hard on myself. I work out, I eat pretty healthy, I'm on my feet at work all day...so I am pretty sure my body is gaining what it will gain. I am gaining more than last time, but I also weighed 10 lbs less to start. I am hoping I am just gaining at a different rate.

Besides, I will not let the guilt or worry take away from enjoying my last pregnancy. I mean the weightloss process always sucks a bit..but I know myself well enough to know I will do it. This time it will be an especially fun challenge because it will hopefully be the last time I ever need to lose a big chunk of weight.So if I want to eat a cookie one of my students made me, I am eating the damn cookie.

I'm not gonna lie though..whenever I go to the doctors I feel like a prize pig being weighed in.

So I hope everyone out there who is reading this slept in much later than this on their Saturday morning. The great news is, it's a 3 day weekend! Wohooooooo


2 comments:

  1. The little ones really do have a way of messing with our plans, don't they?

    You are doing important work, growing a human, so go ahead and eat a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha don't you love kids? The other night we thought FOR SURE we would be getting a good night sleep and Em had a poopsplosion at 3:30AM. :)

    And you are doing an amazing job staying healthy through your pregnancy ... you are doing everything right! So proud of you :) Take that guilt off and enjoy these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete