Sunday, October 2, 2011

Control Freak

I think I am done pouting and am staring to deal with the fact that I have to change my routine for a while.

Sometimes I just get down in the dumps. I like control. I might just love control. Ask my husband what I'm like when I don't know what is going to happen. I am pretty sure he doesn't like me too much in these situations. Control and I are BFF's. Without control I am lost.

The good thing about this is that I tend to take full responsibility for my actions. I usually can only blame myself when things go wrong because I spend so much of my time controlling what happens. I have learned that if I am going to be like this, I cannot go around blaming anyone for the outcome of things.

But let's face it...there are a whole lotta times in life when you simply cannot control what happens. My body is in control right now, and I am along for the ride.

Therefore I am learning to deal with the fact that I cannot workout like I really want to. I am working on figuring out a routine that will work. Starting tomorrow I am headed to the gym for 30 minutes of cardio and some stretching (which is about all I am supposed to do right now).

I went for a walk with the kids this evening and pushed the double stroller up some hills.

I am going to do what I can, while I can, and wait for my doctors appointment, where I am going to try not to act like a total freak to my doctor due to the fact that I am praying and hoping she will give me some news that will allow me to regain some control in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment