Sunday, October 9, 2011

Because the Fall always makes me feel better...

Even though I have felt down in the dumps lately, I have enjoyed some fabulous Fall days. I love the Fall, and during the Fall I love doing family road trips, our annual weekend in Maine with friends, pumpkin picking, apple orchard visits, etc., etc., etc.

It's unfortunate that I have to go back to work in the Fall, otherwise I'd call it my favorite season of all. But because of the work factor, it comes second to Summer.

Aside from the fact that I haven't been feeling so HOT lately..the other reason for my blogging absence is all the Fall Fun I have been having.

So far the highlights have been:

A kids fun fall farm day with my friend Steph and her son where the kids saw lots of animals, painted pumpkins, ate junk, ran around in the corn maze and went on horse pulls and tractor ride.

Our annual town pumpkin day with my mom where she comes every year to spoil the kids, and pays for them to do fun activities like face painting, slides, hay rides, etc. The weather on this day was particularly fabulous.

Day our with Thomas the Train at Edaville Railroad. if you live in Massachusetts, you probably know Edaville...it is pretty iconic around these parts. We had excellent weather to ride on Thomas the Train, play in a massive playground, ride rides and listen to music and stories.

And of course our annual weekend to Naples, Maine. Mike and I have been renting the same cottage on a River in Maine for the past 6 years (before kids and marriage). For the past 3 years we have gone with some of our close friends and their kiddos. We always have a blast cooking on the fire, exploring and going to kid friendly places.

So here are some pictures from the last few weeks. I expect that there will be a few more fun, Fall festivities before October comes to an end.


                                          All the kiddos, fireside in Maine
                          My sexy hubby and Charlotte at Portland Children's Museum
                                        The hubby giving fire instructions
                                          Ms. Charlotte hanging out
                                    A horrible picture of me, but the only one I am in.
                                          Riding Thomas the Train





No comments:

Post a Comment