Right now we are camping for 3 nights and honestly are having the best time. Packing for and camping with babies and toddlers is hectic, but if you are laid back enough and know how to let things go then it can be great.
Sometimes it is okay to have smores for dinner or 2 ice creams in one day, or to stay up late, or blow a whoopie cushion at innocent pedestrians as you drive through the campground.
But I am not a spring chicken anymore and I really cannot get away with sitting on my butt for
4 days and eating nothing but crap. So what have I done differently to help make this a slightly healthier camping trip?
1. I worked out hard right before I left.
I got up at 4:30 and attended a group fitness class to whip my muscles into gear before a long car ride.
2. I packed good snacks like this:
3. I bought healthier alternatives to our fave camping dinners. Think spinach feta chicken sausages instead of hot dogs, whole wheat buns, grilled veggies and veggie burgers
4. When it is hard to eat your normal veggie amounts you can drink them
5. And I am seizing the moment to exercise: I just completed a 30 minute cardio blast interval workout by timing thirty sec and one minute sets of exercises like-
Stepups on the picnic table
Abs using random campsite items
Planks on a beach towel
And lots of walking lunges and planks up a hill on our site
This mixed with burpees, jumping jacks and bear crawls did the trick. Sure it was only 30 min but I was a sweaty mess.
I had no set workout plan but I seized to moment when this happened
That would be 2 sleepy little girls taking an hour long tent nap while their daddy and brother went fishing. Carpe Diem
So now I off to make more memories my kiddos won't forget,,,,like this:
A nice balance between healthy and happy makes for the perfect trip!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone