Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fitness check in, at least I am getting stronger



My "official" 2 month post baby post with measurements and all will be on the 12th.

But I felt compelled to write about this today. I am trying not to get frustrated with the fact that my weight appears to be STUCK at 150lbs...despite working out and eating pretty good. I am hoping that I can make a few minor adjustments to help this along. I have a feeling two things are to blame:

Breastfeeding- my body might be holding onto fat storage

Too many sweet things- I need to lay off the frozen yogurt trips.

I clearly cannot do anything about the first situation, but I am going to start working on the sweets and cutting down on this type of snack.

I am refocusing a bit, away from looking at a number on a scale and worrying about gaining strength. I took this picture today at the gym:




I feel like I am getting stronger and my muscles are getting back to where they were. It is frustrating not to see pounds come off, but it still feels good to know I am working hard.

So tomorrow I am starting a 5:45 am group fitness class and I have been told I may get my butt kicked. I am excited about this and I need a boost.

So my motto for today is: less weighing in and more lifting and running.

I am not going to weigh myself (after the 12th) for 2 weeks or so and see if refocusing my energy might help.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment