Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ahhh, the weekend..I love you so. Not that the weekend is all that relaxing, but it sure beats work.

This morning we were up at 6:30, which is sleeping in for me by a lot because I get up at
4:30 during the week. This was followed by a trip to dunks for a small peppermint/ mocha coffee. YUM.

Then the hubs went to work and the kids and I got ready and cleaned up the house.

We left here at 9 to head to the craft store. I was determined to make a wreath for out bare front door. My husband has started blacksmithing and made some beautiful hooks for our stocking..so I asked him to make me a wreath hook for the door. I will post some pics of our crafting tomorrow if he gets the hook up.

Liam was a terror in the craft store, so I was totally dreading going into Trader Joes...but I was already in town and really had to go. We all came out in one piece and made it home without too many meltdowns and a car full of the week's meals.

We are back home and I even got the wreath done. It looks pretty damn good. I cannot believe they try to sell these things for 40 bucks when you can make one for 8 bucks that looks even better.
Here's a picture. I know it will look better hanging but it gives you an idea:



Bought the natural wood form for $4.00, the fake berries for $1.00 and the silver pine cones for $3.00. I had the ribbon and used an industrial hot glue gun to get it all on. It will look good hanging on our green door. The traditional green wreath does not look good because of our door color.

Not sure what to do with the rest of the day. I am feeling lazy and it isn't so nice outside. Maybe some fort building and hide and seek.

Tonight I am making homemade wheat crust greek pizzas with mushroms, spinach, garlic, tomatoes feta and mozerella

I love staying home during the holidays. Everything is decorated and the house is warm and smells like pine. Makes me feel all festive.

Not much new otherwise. I am 18 weeks pregnant. I went to the gym 4 times last week and had a few good lifting sessions (or at least good for a tired preggo girl). I am taking this Tuesday off for our big anatomy scan ultrasound...but it isn't quite as exciting when you are not finding out the sex. After the ultrasound we are taking the kids to the Bass Pro Shop to see Santa...they always have the best Santa there.

'Tis the season. I am just trying to enjoy the kiddos and to not get too fat. (which was probably not helped by the box of Candy Cane Trader Jo Jo cookies I just bought).

1 comment: