Saturday, November 12, 2011

A jammies kind of day

I am not sure that I will get out of my jammies today. My husband is gone ( he is at a weekend long blacksmithing course), the kids and I have no car, and it just feels like a jammies kid of day.

We started off the morning with a Dunkin Donuts ride with the husband before he left for the morning. I put a jerk chicken in the crockpot for tonight, we had a major dance party in the living room and now the kids are playing while I veg out here typing. This is all before 8:30 a.m. Not sure what we will do the rest of the day.

Liam has plans for fort building and hide and seek. I should mop the floor. I have some work to get done for Monday's class....but what I know for sure is that there will be a lot of silliness,probably pajamas, certainly some cooking and lots of snuggles.

I have gotten better at slowing down the pace of my life on days like today. I try to cherish the moment and just be a part of the day. That used to be really hard for me. I always needed to be doing something, planning my next move. The kids have taught me to let that go when the moment allows. It is cliche to say, but they do grow up so fast and if you rush around you miss it.

So today will be a lazy, slow-paced day of watching the kids just be themselves. I am looking forward to it and on that note...

we are off to build a fort.

1 comment: