Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Clean Eating

I love summer cooking because it is light, easy, and the grill just makes things so good. Plus it is a great excuse to make the husband (a.k.a grillman) help with the cooking.

Here is one of my favorite clean eating summer dinners. Sadly, I prepped this meal tonight and remembered at the last second my son had a karate lesson and had to stuff my face in the car with a Subway sandwich instead. But this will be tomorrow night's dinner:

Pineapple and Red Pepper with Soysauce chicken:

What you need:
A chicken breast for each person you need to feed
1 minced clove garlic per breast
fresh ground ginger to taste (I love ginger and use a lot)
Low sodium soy sauce. I use 1/2 cup for 4 chicken breasts..so adjust accordingly
Sliced pineapple
Sliced Red Peppers..I use one whole
3-4 scallion or green onions

In zip lock bag or container cover chicken breast with soy sauce, garlic and ginger, seal and set in fridge for several hours (the longer the better but 1-2 hours will do)

On med/ high heat grill chicken breast, pineapple and red pepper. It helps to coat grill with a high heat oil.
Serve over brown rice and topped with chopped up green onions or scallions.

Easy and good. I have also added papaya on the grill..which is very good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment